Certified Industrial Hygienist
Mr. Kai Chiu is an Environmental Health and Safety Professional of 30 years’ experience. Mr. Chiu has intensive and extensive knowledges of both environmental laws and Occupational Health and Safety regulations. Mr. Chiu has experience working in both government and private sectors. His experience in government sector includes the South Coast Air Quality Management District (as a Permit Engineer) and the City of Los Angeles (as a Sanitation Safety Engineer). He also has the experience in environmental rule-making. Mr. Chiu has the experience of participating in the steering committee of the San Gabriel Valley Superfund Project.
In private sector, he served as the subject matter expert for industrial hygiene and lead establishing of corporate policies and procedure for environmental health and safety (EHS) programs. Mr. Chiu is also experienced in auditing and program review of environmental and Occupational Health and Safety policies and programs.
Mr. Chiu participated in several research projects partnering with EPRI to address human factors and environmental stressors, such as EMF, microwave and community noise exposures. Mr. Chiu was a winner of the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) Technical Transfer Award. He also received many internal awards from corporations, such as The Boeing Company and The Southern California Edison.
Mr. Chiu is knowledgeable in Property and Casualty Underwriting, especially in regarding to Environmental Liability and Pollution Risk in general and construction Industries. Mr. Chiu is a member of local Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU) Chapters. Mr. Chiu is experienced in risk assessment and loss control of government, health cares and private entities in regarding to their property and liability exposures.
- Masters Studies, Chemical Engineering – University of Southern California
- B.S. Biochemistry– University of California, Los Angeles
- Masters in Business Administration – California State University, Fullerton
Certificates and Registrations
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Board of Certified Professional Ergonomist
- American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters